Towleroad is reporting that Marine Corps Commandant General James Conway said that he wants separate barracks for gay troops. "I would not ask our Marines to live with someone that is homosexual if we can possibly avoid it," he said.
Okay. A few things:
1. It's happening now. Straight and gay guys are living together. Explain to me how it is different if people simply know who's gay.
2. As one blogger put it, what's next? Separate drinking fountains and bathrooms?
3. Why do straight men assume that our number one objective in life is to get them in bed? Stop flattering yourself, General Conway.
4. Notice the language here: our Marines vs. someone who is homosexual. We get it, General. Only straight men will be the real Marines under your command. Just like only straight marriages are real in the eyes of Focus on the Family.
5. As Barney Frank once said, "I haven't seen so much fear over showers since Psycho."